I created a vagrant box for my python development. I called it pylab because the main packages are those you need to run ipython in pylab mode.
- The build script is included: you can customize it.
- Python 3.3
- ipython 0.13.2
- Python packages are provided by deadsnakes.
- The box is 1.1 GB and an instance will be 3.3 GB
- To have all the export features of ipython texlive is installed, but nbconvert is not installed, it's in a bit a bad shape for ipython 0.13.2 ATM. I'm looking forward to 1.0 where it is built-it.
- As usual with public vagrant boxes, you have to secure it or use it behind a firewall.
- On linux and mac it takes the CPU count from the host.